Its history, scientific library of Yaroslavl state technical University will take place from the time of formation of the University, and grows with him. In October 1944 it was located in one room, which served as a library, a loan and a reading room. By the beginning of classes, there were only 1,600 books. A year later, this figure had risen to 3.5 million. Books were bought in the Yaroslavl, Moscow, Leningrad, Ivanovo. Helped Institute related to profile technical – chemical – mechanical and rubber industry. They have allocated their funds almost 2 thousand books. Across several disciplines literature in the library was absent, for example, chemistry and descriptive geometry, the students studied on one or two textbooks. Had to use books from other libraries in the city. The greatest assistance to the Institute provided the regional library, providing our readers using the interlibrary loan necessary literature on General political subjects.
The organizer of the library and its first head was Mary S. Krylov, the oldest librarian in the city. She was assisted by Anastasia V. REP’eva, who has worked at the Institute from 1945 to 1958, After the death of M. S. Krylova (1951) the library was headed by A. V. REP’eva. These two women, the library owes much. They created it, worked selflessly in the most difficult years and together with his colleagues Stanislavas the S. Dobrovolskaya, Vera Solomonovna Svidler, Vera Alekseevna Belozerova gradually transformed the small book Depository to good specialized scientific-technical library. A year for the library was selected to be satisfactory for the time the premises and equipment. Opened a separate reading room. To mark the fifth anniversary of the Institute, the library already had 26.5 thousand books and magazines. This allowed to organize a library of rooms: Marxism – Leninism, course and diploma projects, as well as a number of libraries at the departments and laboratories. Simultaneously with the organization of the book Fund was created by the reference apparatus of the library: alphabetical and systematic catalogs subject catalog of chemistry and chemical technology, the card-index of educational literature in the disciplines. Exhibitions of new acquisitions, exhibitions devoted to significant dates and anniversaries of outstanding scientists, readers ‘ conferences have become traditional in the library.
For the first 15 years the book Fund has exceeded 87 thousand books, about 5 thousand of whom were foreign books and periodicals, and in 1958 the library was transferred to a separate building beside the main building of the Institute (the former tourist base, today the printing house of the University) a useful area of over 330 square meters. Served at the time more than 2, 5 thousand readers qualified specialists mainly with higher library education. Having chosen the profession of a librarian his life, they laid the foundations for the creation of a school of professional performance of librarianship, the schools of application, high labour organization and culture. Among them: Eugene M. Grafova, Zoya Kamerilova, Galina A. Ivanovskaya, Valentin Petrovich Korolev, Nina Chubareva, Dina Nikolaevna Kartashova, Nina Shishkina, Ludmila V. Matveeva, etc., Headed this group since 1958, the son of Alphaeus, Antonina Aleksandrovna. In 1968 the library moved to the main academic building (Bldg. “A”). The new bright spaces were created all conditions for students, teachers and diverse library workforce. The library collections consist of more than 230 thousand volumes of books and magazines, from them – 50 thousand copies of foreign literature. Subscription annually received up to two hundred names of about one hundred domestic and foreign periodicals.
1970 – 1980s – the years of hard work and big change in the library. With the opening of the University of new specialties, the library was replenished with the appropriate educational and scientific literature and has made about 400 thousand copies. In order the best and quality service of readers, when the newly organized educational membership building “b” was opened a reading room. Two reading rooms in the buildings “B” and “E”. At the hostel № 2 – pass fiction. Almost every Department of the University organized the Cathedral library. Changed structure library: created departments of acquisition and storeroom, reorganized departments: bibliographic, scientific – technical processing services. In these years came to the library people, many of which have made a significant contribution to improving the library: Tamara Chinaeva, Galina Tsareva, L. p. Soboleva, Nadezhda Pavlovna Avdeeva, Natalia Petrovna Garanina, Alevtina Ivanovna Bugrova, Nina A. Smirnova, Valentina Borisovna Soboleva, Albina V. Molchanova, Elena Y. Klimova, Faith Y. Barkin, Larisa Khromova and others.
After leaving the A. A. Alpeeva on a holiday in 1981 the library took N. P. Avdeev. By this time NTB has an area of 1100 sq m, the book Fund of more than 600 thousand, including 226 thousand textbooks, 24 thousand foreign publications. Introducing advanced technology librarianship, was introduced esinventory records of educational and methodical literature, which allowed to shorten the path of the book to the reader. A new form of work was the group method of service. Reference apparatus of the library was replenished by newly-formed topographical directory was reorganized as a database of textbooks and manuals. Library staff took an active part in the social life of libraries, the University, city, region. For students organized literary evenings, meetings with writers, poets, actors, artists.
In connection with the retirement age N. P. Avdeeva, in 1989 the question arose about the transfer of leadership. For the first time the team had the opportunity to elect a Director. They became Galina Popova, an employee of the library since 1966.
The nineties for the library – the development stage of computer technology. In late 1992, the first among the libraries of the city, NTB yagtu has commenced implementation of an Automated Bibliographic Information system “МАRС” providing the whole complex of information – library processes: the ordering of literature, accounting, technical and scientific processing and delivery. Two years in the library work the center of computer training of librarians of the city. The knowledge gained on a two-week course, will continue to work independently on a program named libraries: the Central library system of them. M. Yu. Lermontov Regional library of the city of Rybinsk, the Central nervous system of children’s libraries of the city of Yaroslavl, the library of the Yaroslavl medical Academy. the Training was conducted by head of scientific and bibliographic Department of the library Albina V. Molchanov.
For readers of our library to use in the search mode electronic catalogs: new acquisitions (1992), periodicals (domestic) – in 1944, textbooks and manuals, standard technical literature, articles (“high school”, “the Writings of scholars yagtu”, “Articles from periodicals”).
During this period productively and generously share with young professionals who came to the library his extensive professional experience of distinguished librarians: Galina Ivanovo, Nina Losevska, Albina V. Molchanov, Tatiana Goryacheva, Svetlana V. Frolova, Ludmila Novikova, Elena Y. Klimova, etc.
Since 1998, the library Fund replenished with new types of documents: CD-ROMs, audio and video cassettes. In 1999, the University library was awarded a GRANT in the name and on behalf of the organization “open Society Institute Assistance Foundation” for the project “Integration of the library of the technical University in corporate library network”. The specialists of the Yaroslavl state technical University Yaroslavl state University. Demidov made an upgrade (option) technical specifications the University server, conducted the installation of the server software (network operating system, “Novell Intranet Ware 4.11”). With the acquisition of network equipment installed local area network (LAN) of the library created and connected to the University LAN segment of the network. In the result of performed works has the opportunity to go to the online version of the automated library system (ABIS), which was purchased and installed on Netware 4.10. Next, we conducted the conversion of the existing electronic catalogue in a new data format.
The successful implementation of 1, II and III phases of the project, sufficient equipment of the library proper technique, an enhanced Windows AILS MARC SQL, access via the Internet to the corporate electronic resources of the libraries of the city, country, world. To work with Internet readers used 4 computers in the electronic reading room of the library, have access to electronic information resources, including full text, of any display class of the University, any computer connected to the Internet. Their service database VINITI; databases of academic journals and of several books of Kluwer and Springer here; in the framework of the program “Electronic information for libraries” – (EIFL Direct) more than 3000 full-text journals, more than 1,300 full-text editions of reference books EBSCO agencies; electronic versions of journal articles joint catalogue of Hessen, Germany; databases of SPSTL RSL, BEN, RAS, RCP, and many other major libraries through the corporate Association of Regional Library Consortia (ARBIKON), a member of our library is from 2002; as well as reference and legal system Garant and Consultant Plus. In ordering literature, including IBA, begins intensively used e-mail, electronic delivery of scanned materials necessary for educational and scientific work to students, teachers, researchers. All this has allowed the library to come close to the desired goal: to significantly improve the level of information – library service of students, teachers, and researchers.
Given the new trend in the University educational process – distance learning, the library began to organize a Foundation of full-text electronic publications. To create it offers 2 jobs, focused on scanning and recognition of documents. They include: workstations running Windows 98, a scanner and OCR (OCR system). As OCR was selected, purchased, and installed Fine Reader v 5.0, a leader in precision of recognition, preservation and documentation. Moreover, Fine Reader contains a built-in spell checker. The staff of the computer centre yagtu was organized and held courses on work with the program Fine Reader, and methods of layout and presentation of information on the Internet. Familiarization with the programs Adobe Acrobat and Corel Draw helped to begin the creation of electronic versions of editions, gradually increasing the Fund of machine-readable documents library for the account of the acquired documents, scarce editions, scanned by the library staff, University publications.
A significant step in the use of new technologies with the participation of the group employees of the computer center of the University headed by Alexei V. Sokolov made our library in September 2002. In the practice of their work, the library introduced (first in town) automated book issue of educational literature in stages, starting with 1 of course, for 35 – 45 thousand books annually with the introduction of bar-coding. Technology assignment and print codes for the library publications (including programs for automatic generation of the barcode in the electronic catalog and creating files for mass printing codes) developed in-house, computer center of the University. Developed and implemented methods of code protection against mechanical damage and abrasion. By September 2005 prepared for automated. the entire Fund of educational literature for students of all courses and fully Fund the periodicals reading room “A”.
Library staff has mastered many types of automation of library processes: entering of information and delivery of books in the MARC SQL automated information library system, electronic document delivery, scanning, Photocopying, making barcodes. The big merit in development of the librarians these activities Tatiana Nikolaevna Funiculi as the interested specialist, professional and energetic person with an aptitude for teaching.
For the purposes of preservation of book collections orderly rules for the issuance of literature on subscriptions, introduced a number of additional paid services.
Over the years up to the professionals Olga Kravchuk, Tatiana V. Zabolotskaya, Marina V. Kalinina, Tatiana V. Ermolov, T. V. Desolina, Irina Vitalievna Havronina, Tatiana Pavlova, Oksana M. Paskonov.
It is very important that all the initiatives of the library were kindly supported and appreciated by the University administration, and Library Council, which he headed from 2000, the first Pro-rector Alexander Lomov.
After the election of A. Lomov for the post of rector of the University, since 2006 curator of the library and Chairman of the Library Council became the Vice-rector for educational work Alexey Krainov. He takes care to current problems of the library, has provided substantial assistance in solving them.
Since 2006, work is underway on entering information into the database of the electronic catalogue (EC) for all types of publications of library retro-Fund: scientific and reference literature, periodicals, normative-technical information, periodicals, serials, electronic versions of publications, articles of the scientists of the University.
Since 2007, thanks to the initiative of the chief of educational-methodical management Natalia E. Tarasova, schedule, mass loan included in the schedule of the training sessions students.
In 2010-2011, in an automated manner formed the thematic plan of acquisition (TPK).
In the framework of the quality management System of the University, under the guidance of the head of Department of quality management and standardization of Galkinoj Victoria Alexandrovna, was developed a HUNDRED yagtu 10.02.01-2011 “Management of library and information activities”. Redesigned, updated or newly written one-HUNDRED-75 related documents, including:
provisions for the library, departments and directory 19,
procedural instructions for all types of library activities-27,
job description – 29.
The development and renewal of the aforementioned governing documents step-by-step explanation of library processes due to the need of how better their performance all library staff and training of newly hired library employees.
In recent years, the library staff came and with great enthusiasm and love for your chosen profession working in our days become qualified professionals: Zhavoronkova Lyudmila Borisovna, Budakova Tamara Mikhailovna Ermolova, Svetlana V., Karpova Tatiana, Irina Semenkova V., Danilova Valentina Sergeevna, etc.
For the restoration of the most valuable books in the library works binder Vera Vladimirovna Kirsanova.
In 2012, the library has made, as an experiment, the results of the students of the 1st course of 2 faculties (automotive and engineering-economic) the University literature on CD. To this end, the library staff of the library was skadrowane 90 publications and through programs of “strikers-CD” and “NERO 7” is recorded on the disc 268.
In 2013 over management of the scientific and technical library took Tatiana Funikova worthy of going the way of the librarian, lead librarian, the head of the subscription of scientific literature, methodologist and Deputy Director.
Scientific library of Yaroslavl state technical University is one of the largest educational and scientific-technical libraries of the city and the University has guaranteed the possibility of providing students with educational, methodical literature and other information resources. The library has about 850 thousand domestic and translated foreign literature on various media in all areas of educational and research activities of the University, including teaching and teaching – about 460 thousand copies, scientific – more than 332 thousand, bibliographic – about 16 thousand of normative-technical documents – about 18 thousand, including electronic full-text editions – 1459 titles available to readers of all categories, Foundation, audio and video materials – 986 names, there is a collection of fiction and literature on art. A significant portion of the Fund consists of publications of our scientists – 191570 copies.
A small but very important part of the book Fund be donated to the personal collection of books of professors, teachers and University staff. Our readers have today the possibility to use personal libraries Vitaly G. Epstein, Joseph Adamovich of Zubovich, Mark I. Farberova, Yuri Alexandrovich Moskvicheva, Galina Yakunina, albert V. Kikuta, Valeria Alexandrovna Podgornova, Benjamin V. Bragin, Alexei A. Barayev, Pavel Vasilievich Maslennikov, Mikhail Abramovich Khanin, Vladimir Dmitrievich Sukhov, Solomon Petrovich Gokhberg, Ivan Isayev Avetisovich and more. .
These books were compiled a special card index of “private libraries of University employees donated NTB yagtu”, 2008 donor information is entered into a database of the electronic catalogue in the “Publications in the gift.”
5 reading rooms, including 1 electronic, built in 2004 for the 60th anniversary of the University, and 3 of the subscription for the year is visited by about 20 thousand readers: students, teachers, graduate students, scientific and engineering-technical workers, students of universities, schools, other third-party readers. The annual results of the literature up to 700 thousand publications. The library staff annually draw 60 – 70 thematic exhibitions, with the purpose of assisting in academic, scientific and educational activities of the University. Reviews of books and publications from periodicals, individual interviews help readers to broaden their horizons, to acquire not only specialized knowledge, but also to comprehend the elements of world and national culture and contribute to shaping the moral and ethical qualities needed by future scientists and engineers. Help to implement the tasks also Days of departments, information Days, exhibitions of new acquisitions of literature. For undergraduate students organized bibliographic classes in 4-hour program. For all readers we offer consultations on the use of SPA library, patent search and use the Internet.
Knowledge workers of the scientific-bibliographic Department, under the direction of the head. Department Albina Vasilyevna Molchanova allows you to provide professional assistance to students for writing a paper in any discipline, and when you write a course or research project in any field
To work with Internet readers used by 8 Departments, which provide access to:
electronic catalogues and electronic full-text publications from the Fund of NTB yagtu;
electronic catalogues and electronic full-text databases: VINITI, Russian state library, e-Library, NEICON, ShiFinder, Knigafund, RNB, all, LNS, library, EIFL Direct, database EBSRO, RFBR, ARBIKON corporate system, the corporate system of the Yaroslavl region, other libraries in the city, country, world.
reference legal system Consultant Plus, Garant.
To better meet readers ‘ demands, the library is still functioning interlibrary loan (ill) using the electronic document delivery (EDD).
Great help in the automation of library processes provided by the programmer, lecturer of the Department “Information systems and technologies” Sergey Boykov. In particular, he has repeatedly made required for improving a range of library processes changes and additions to the program AILS “MARC-SQL”, which saves financial resources of the University for the purchase of new versions of the program.
In the reference apparatus of the library electronic catalogue, which includes books, articles, thesis abstracts, regulatory and technical literature (more than 18 000 entries) and periodicals at all library Fund (1627 titles). and Panamericano described periodicals over the last 18 years (27342). Just 104875 RUSMARC converted to electronic records.
Remain popular catalogs on paper alphabetical General and systematic. Readers ‘ alphabetical and topographical directories “frozen”. Require a report to the EC filing: SCS (Systematic cardfiles for articles), works of employees yagtu, “Personalia”, “Ethnography”.
Technical basis of the library: 29 computers, 1 scanner, 2 copiers 14 and thermal printers. Program for creating EC: AILS SQL – MARC. Developer IOO “inform-system”.
In the framework of the strategic activities of the University in the scientific-technical library priorities are:
assisting the University in solving educational and scientific-research tasks using all forms and methods of their work;
the formation of the library Fund of the University in accordance with the thematic plan of acquisition (TPK), reflecting the profile of academic disciplines and themes of research works;
increase the Fund of electronic publications in accordance with the licensing regulations, approved by Order No. 1953 Federal service for supervision in education and science of the Russian Federation of 5 September 2011 with the aim of providing remote access (via Internet) to these different categories of users;
the establishment and state registration of University digital libraries (DL) teaching materials;
inclusion in the system of information and bibliographic activities of third party ABS, aiming to fully satisfy the needs of the educational cycle of the University;
high-quality, complete and efficient service to students, faculty and researchers of the University on the basis of qualitatively generated library Fund and extend the range of information services, including use of electronic document delivery (EDD);
the formation of sets of teaching AIDS Izd-VA yagtu on CD-ROM for issuing to the students of 1-3 courses for each academic year;
participation in the formation of a single library information space of Russia in the framework of inter-institutional and inter-institutional partnerships;
propaganda of bibliographic knowledge through classes with students in individual work with readers;
continuation of works on maintenance of electronic catalogues of books availability of students;
finding ways to work with expelled students to return the books in the safety of book funds;
improving the quality of electronic catalogues;
equipping libraries with necessary equipment;
the retention of qualified library staff.